Sunday, February 22, 2015

A Day By the River


A week or two ago, the days were particularly bitter and drab. Sun was away on vacation, and rain and cold had taken her place in the sky. I did not mind too much; I like any excuse to wrap up in blankets and get extra cozy. However, going an extensive amount of time without being comfortable to explore outdoors does make me sad and somewhat uncomfortable.

So when the weekend arrived, accompanied by weather that tasted like fall with a hint of beach breeze, I was elated. I was eager to run outside as quickly as possible and bask in the glory of the sun and wind. I pranced through my house to my parents expressing my joy and said something along the lines of, “The weather today is so beautiful I could pee. I just want to go run in a park and be merry!” And to my surprise my dad turned immediately and said, “Ok, I’m ready. Let’s go.”

And so we did. We found a quiet park on the Chattahoochee River (which was important to us because we both love the water) and just explored and talked. We found some great hiding places for the Zombie Apocalypse and made the best catch & throw of frisbee in the history of the world. It was simply wonderful. I snapped some shots along the way as I always do, and I am happy with how they turned out. 

The park we went to had a beautiful abandoned bridge.


A fisherman captured through wild branches.


This is one of my favorites. The man caught his fish right as we approached and was ever so pleasant about having his pictured taken. I love jolly strangers.



My dad caught me entranced by the river on some enormous rocks we discovered.
Old bridged are so grand.
Golden hour was especially magnificent against the water.
I told you the rocks were large.


Golden Hour


Disclaimer: I took all photos except the two photos of me. My dad took those.

Disclaimer 2.0: My reference to pee is only figurative and translates into meaning great excitement, happiness, or really anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment