Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Mason Jar Succulents

Hello friends. I love mason jars. I love succulents. So naturally, I love this little project. It's beautiful, simple, and a great decoration for anyone who enjoys nature.



What you will need:

Mason Jar(s)
Succulent(s)
Acrylic Paint (and something to mix paint on)
Paintbrush
Sand Paper
Potting Soil


Now to begin. This is seriously easy and only requires a few steps. 

So first, choose your desired paint color and simply begin painting. It will most likely require a few coats, but the paint dries very quickly.


Once the paint has dried, grab your sand paper and rough up the edges and the areas of the jar that protrude. 


This will make the jar look more rustic and interesting. It's up to you how much you choose to scrape off, but I like it to have that vintage feel.



Next, simply fill your mason jar with the necessary amount of potting soil, and transfer your succulent. (Make sure to wait to water the plant until the paint on your mason jar is completely dry. If you don't, the paint gets all crumply and weird... I know from depressing experience.)

 

There you have it. Told you it was easy, didn't I?

Now all you have to worry about is keeping your plant alive. 

~~~

I hope you enjoyed this little project. It's especially fun to make while listening to Marcus Foster or Mumford & Sons and dancing alone in your room. 

Thanks for stopping by! I very much hope you choose to come back again. 





No comments:

Post a Comment